About Us

Hello people !

Quadapetite is a food filled blog by us, the 4 awesome girls who are extreme food lover and pursuing our degree to become a successful food technologist ! We are currently living together in Australia, far far away from home (Malaysia). Quadapetite started because we wanted to share our easy home cook recipes and food reviews to all the students who are also living away from home. We do hope that you learned or found something new from our blog here !

Enjoy scrolling through !

Xoxo,

Lily, Esther, Kay & Ern

p/s: Actually, we just wanted a space to post up our food photos. #Asianatwork

7.22.2013

Simple Sushi Recipe

Attention, Sushi Lovers!! :)

Feels like eating sushi? Today we will be sharing a simple way of making sushi. 

Preparation and cooking time: 30 to 40 minutes
Serves 6

Ingredients:



1 packet of sushi rice (750g)
3 tbsp of sushi vinegar 
2 tbsp of sugar (depends on the sweetness)
1 packet of nori sheets (10 sheets)
3 carrots 
3 cucumbers
3 large eggs
1 can of tuna
1 packet of crab sticks (16 pcs) 

Methods:


1. To make the omelette for sushi, season the egg with little bit of soy sauce, sesame oil and pinch of salt and pepper.

2. Cut the omelette into thin strips. Julienne the carrots, cucumbers and crab sticks.


3. Cook the sushi rice. When it is done, add 3 tbsp of sushi vinegar and 2 tbsp of sugar (more or less, as you wish). :)


Since we don't have the sushi bamboo mat, we are using plastic wrap instead. 

4. Place a sheet of nori seaweed on the plastic wrap and spread a handful of sushi rice.  

*Useful tips: Dip your hand into vinegar to prevent the rice sticking. :)



5. Place the ingredients on the spread rice (ingredients as you wish).  


6. Roll the sushi and gently press it. 


7. Cut the sushi into pieces.


Tadaaa!! This is how the end product looks like! :D

Enjoy your sushi meal! Bon appetit!

Kay

3 comments:

  1. Another awesome guide :) keep it up girls :D good job !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Thanks for that. Hope our recipes help. Keep supporting us! :)

    * May I know who are you? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there ! Before I proceed, firstly, I would like to apologize for my long-delayed reply ! I'm sorry to keep you waiting ! Guides from this page definitely gave me a big help not only in deciding to try out new foods, but on how-to steps too !

    And of course I will keep on supporting ! :D why would I stop supporting these awesome chefs and bakers from doing what they love ? In fact, the four of you girl's future hubbies would be very lucky men.

    On the other hand, I think that you might or might not know me. Thus, I am quite confident that I can keep my anonymity ;) a little sprinkle of mystery would be interesting, don't you think so ? ;)

    By the way, I have only seen posts from Lily and yourself, what about the others ? Though I may be a little biased, I still look forward for their dishes too !

    Good day ahead ! And enjoy this fun filled month !

    ReplyDelete